Benalla Storm

Benalla Storm

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nats Day 1 - Take 2 & 3

The contest yesterday was scrubbed due to the rain. I went with several other pilots on a delightful bushwalk (hike) in the southern part of the Strathbogie Range. Walking through Australian forests in the rain is wonderful. It is warm so the sensation of raindrops on your skin is delightful. Also the rain brings out some of the smell of the gum trees so you are constantly inundated with fragrances. We even saw two kangas!

Today I am rather skeptical that a task will be set as I have woken up earlier than normal to the sound of pounding rain on my caravan. I am part of the task-setting committee so I guess the official decision will be made soon. At this point tomorrow is looking like a possibility (Friday), but we are all anticipating that Saturday will be the first official contest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment